This certificate program is a unique bundle of interdisciplinary courses relevant to those interested in sharpening their innovation and entrepreneurship skills here at UC Davis. This certificate will be advantageous for students looking to start their own business or join a small company as well as those looking to join a larger corporation and engage in innovative work through “intrapreneurship.” To qualify for the certificate, students must remain in good academic standing at the University of California, Davis, and receive a grade of ‘C’ or higher in each of the courses used for the certificate.
Introduction to Entrepreneurship (Eng 008)
Creativity & Entrepreneurship for Engineers (Eng 002) <-- not just for engineering majors!!
Choose 6 additional credits from courses in Ethics, Design, Communication, Intellectual Property, Leadership, etc.
Approved course list below.
Engage in at least one startup experience from the following list:
- UC PLASMA cohort experience
- Tech for Social Good
- Little Bang! Poster Competition
- Big Bang! Business Competition
- IIE Entrepreneurship Academies
- Keller Pathway Fellows
- Center for Leadership Learning - Leadership Development Series Certificate
- Approved research project with a potential for commercialization outside the lab
- Approved internship at a startup company (all EQUIP program internships qualify)